Saturday, October 22, 2011

Encouragement comes in the form of Tic Tacs and other things...


This week we were soooo blessed to recieve a lovely bunch of care packages from Home because Dwight and Lynn just returned from South Africa. Along with some story books for Tendai, and some lovely outfits, we recieved candies we cant get here, some spices we love, lip balms,  cards, stickers for T, lotions and..... LOVE.  Those little packages brighten my day so much. The BIG container of Tic Tacs we got caused great excitement for Tendai. Recently the little tic tac containers arrived at our shoprite so we purchased a few to be her "potty candies" (we are potty training... still).  The look on her face when she discovered what to her must have looked like a GIANT container of her favorites, was priceless. She grabbed them out of the box and yelled..." look mommy!! BIG potty candies!!!." Too funny.

Of course, the biggest encouragement for me came in the form of the cards my mom sends me each week. It never fails to amaze me how she can send me a package or card months in advance, and when I finally get it here it is EXACTLY what I needed to hear at that moment. For instance. My mom sent Tendai a lovely sticker book in a big bubble envelope. I figure she wanted to wrap it up in some cloth to protect it in the package so she chose four pillowcases and wrapped it up. THIS very week I realised we did not have enough pillowcases for us to wash a whole set and have some on the bed as well.  Just love how God meets even our small needs, that are just insignificant to everyone, but He chooses to meet them anyway.

Other encouragement came from the the cards my mother sends,  there is allways at least one of them that blesses me so much. Here are two in particular :

"Just Think
You're here not by chance.
but by God's choosing.
His hand formed you and
made you the person you are.

He compares you to no one else-
you are one of a kind.
You lack nothing that
His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here
at this time in history
to fulfull His special purpose
for this generation."
(Roy Lessin)

And this one, whose truth has been so apparent to me lately as we have seen the power of prayer in so many ways.

"No ocean can hold it back
No river can overtake it.
No whirlwind can go faster.
No army can defeat it.
No law can stop it.
No distance can slow it. 
No disease can cripple it.
No force on earth is more powerful, 
OR effective than
The POWER OF PRAYER."


Thanks again for all the prayers and support (and letters and emails and packages!) We will definetly need lots of prayer in the coming weeks as we gear up to run our DVBS at the school for 160 kids! (oct 31-Nov4).
God Bless,
Rick, Heather & Tendai Neufeld

No comments: